View Single Post
June 10th, 2009, 05:40 PM
Super Mommy
Heather.

Beth is absolutely right, on all counts. My DH and I were just approved in April and we began the process in October, although in our case we had to wait for the 6 weeks of classes to commence in March. In the meantime, we read as much as we could about adoption, befriended some great people who've BTDT and worked hard to make sure that all of our paperwork was done by the end of those six weeks. Since then we have inquired about several children who'd already been placed with adoptive families and simply hadn't been removed from the photo-listing yet. That being said, we are currently being considered for a placement that may be exactly what we've been hoping and praying for. So don't give up!

Oh, and my DH took a lot longer to come around to the idea of adopting than I but once he made up his mind, he was all in and after years of infertility and loss, we have really enjoyed going through this process together. It's certainly had its ups and downs but it's brought us closer together, too.

I hope that you'll stick around and let us follow your journey. We're always here if you need us.