View Single Post
June 11th, 2009, 05:01 PM
Platinum Supermommy
So I've planned out Austin curriculum for next year (8th grade) & I really feel pretty good about most of it except Language Arts. I'm torn over Language Arts.

Bible: Christian Worldview program I learned about through Focus on the Family
Math: Math U See
Social Studies: Alpha Omega
Science: BJU, Earth & Space Science

Now, for Language Arts (HELP please)...
I REALLY REALLY like the looks of CLP, The Exciting World of Creative Writing b/c it looks like it is geared toward someone who wants to be a writer and right now that is what Austin is saying, that he wants to be a writer when he grows up so I thought this would be PERFECT for him. So that will take care of the creative writing requirement. However, I still have to have a grammar & literature, if I'm not mistaken. So for grammar I (along with the other local HSing mom who is helping me) thought Easy Grammar & then for Literature, Austin can check books out of the Library & write reports on them. Now the problem is that I have been looking at LLATL (he'd be in the gray book) & fell in love so now I'm torn (BTW, Austin is an avid reader). LLATL appears to have creative writing incorporated into the program (or at least that's what I read) so doing both LLATL & CLP, Creative Writing might be redundant so what do you think? Do both? Do CLP & Easy Grammar? Do LLATL & forget CLP? I'm really mostly hung up on CLP b/c it looks like it is geared toward someone who is interested in writing. Ugggghhhh, it's so hard to decide!

A&A Art ~ My TTC Blog ~ My Pics

"Never confuse acceptance with approval. Without approving
all we do, Jesus accepts all who come to Him." ~
Rick Warren

CLICK HERE to read about my mission trip to Romania! CLICK HERE to see pics!