Topic: New
View Single Post
June 15th, 2009, 01:38 PM
Platinum Supermommy
First of all, I'm so sorry you've had to deal with so much frustration with your cycles.

One thought I'm going to present to you is that when something is wrong with your hormones or reproductive system, the BCP doesn't actually fix any of it. It just covers up the problem for awhile, but as you've seen - the problem is still there when you come off. NFP will not fix the problem either, but what it can do is reveal a lot about what your hormones are doing - to make it easier for NFP-aware physicians to identify and treat the actual problem. The NFP chart can be used as a jumping-off point for medical investigations. Constant bleeding does indicate that something is off.

I think NFP is a good option because it doesn't carry any of the health risks that the BCP does and there are no on-going costs after the initial learning period. But it's also important that someone gets to the bottom of what's making you bleed so much. Physicians who specialize in NFP are especially good at this. If you need any help finding one, don't hesitate to ask! Texas has some really good ones (especially if you are near San Antonio, there's a great RE there who specializes in NFP!)