View Single Post
June 15th, 2009, 05:12 PM
Super Mommy
I'm totally just lurking, but I am feeling more and more like a UC is the way to go for me, too.

Our midwife is great, but I am totally not liking the idea of having someone in my home during a very personal thing for me. I met with some docs a few weeks ago because the baby was measuring big and MW sort of freaked and luckily everything's just fine and on track, but the docs looked at me like I had 3 heads for wanting a homebirth. And the nurse - oh good lord, she was worse than anyone. Everytime she left the room, I could feel her talking about the crazy people in room whatever. Uggggh.

I keep reading stories on Bornfree! Laura Shanley's Unassisted Childbirth Page and trying to get the courage to do it. I don't think DH will be on board, either, but I can't shake this feeling like it's the way I'm supposed to go this time. I've been feeling this way the whole pregnancy, too. I guess I'm spilling my guts here, as well. I wish I could get advice from someone, somewhere, but part of me says don't say anything about this to anyone until I am positive about what I'm going to do....

GL with your decision. I really don't see anything wrong with UCs. I tried to convince myself I did these past couple months so I'd stop considering it, but it hasn't worked. It's still what I really want to do.