View Single Post
June 19th, 2009, 05:02 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Oh Sam, I'm so sorry! As you know, I can sympathize. "I thought I was going to die" sounds just about right. Now imagine 3 or 4 hours of that pain and you can see why a pregnant woman who doesn't even like taking tylenol would be begging them to pump her full of morphine. My stone that they took out the week before Juliana was born was 5mm, but it was low so they were able to go get it with a scope. I still have a 3mm and 8 mm in there (up high) and I actually just called to set up my laser thing. Just a FYI, my doc did tell me that occasionally the stone won't break up well enough and there is still some pain with passing the smaller pieces.....so I am pumping and storing as much milk as I can just in case I have to be in the hospital again for pain management. Also, a bit of advice, if you start feeling ANY pain.....I would just start driving. My hospital is only 10 minutes away and that seemed like it was too far when my episodes started. If it gets really bad, maybe you can just go to your ER for drugs until the pain dies down and then go to Des Moines??? I really hope it just stays put till your procedure though. Good luck and PM me if you have any questions.

3 angels Feb, Mar, Aug of 2008