View Single Post
June 19th, 2009, 07:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rebeccabaltimore View Post
I do have experience. I took Valium during my last pregnancy. I took 5mg pills. I didn't take many in the first trimester because I feared cleft palate, but I took one a day in the second trimester. My psychiatrist consulted the leading medical expert in the world of psychiatric medications during pregnancy, and she conformed that Valium is safe to take at moderate levels during pregnancy. (Her name is Jennifer Payne and she runs the Women and Mood Disorders Clinic at Johns Hopkins Hospital incase you are interested.) In the words of my psychiatrist, "Valium is perfectly safe in pregnancy provided you are not taking huge doses of it like Marilyn Monroe or a 1960's housewife."

As you can see from my signature, my son was stillborn, but it was not in any way related to Valium usage, or any other drug for that matter. I was diabetic and no one knew it, and that's what made him sick.

I am currently TTC and hope to be pregnant soon, and I am using Valium.
Thankyou so much for your honest answer.... I actually am crying now......so many other women on forums from where I come from (Australia) have been so judemental about me even considering being on valium whilst becoming pregnant, they have told me I am a cruel preson and how could i even consider this and that i would make a horrible mother. Words can not express how thankful I am for you being open and honest and not afraid of judgement..... I am so very very sorry about your baby.....

I am switching over to 7.5mg of valium per day about would like to be down to 5mg before I TTC in August.....and if I dont feel ready then Im happy to wait....My psych said they same thinkg that Its ok as long as Im not taking a lot, which she said Im definatly not!

Thankyou soooooooooooo much from the bottom of my heart.....