View Single Post
June 21st, 2009, 01:16 PM
formerly mom_of_8
Quote:
Originally Posted by thrashej View Post
Congrats on the pregnancy!!!

Have you found your milk supply to continue dropping off? that is one of my main fears with a new pg...no more milk for Cory!
One day it's fine, the next day it's very low. He nurses the same each day too so it's weird. With my last pregnancy I never had any supply issues at all. In fact, it almost seemed that I was making More milk. So dealing with the low supply is all very new and confusing to me. He seems to have plenty in the morning, but by bedtime he seems to be 'dry nursing' every night. I'll try and try to hand express and won't even get a drop of milk most nights. He eats table food too so I'm not worried about his nutrition, I just really don't want him to stop nursing yet. We've only tried giving him cow's milk once - well dh did when I was at the grocery store - and he got terribly constipated. That's never happened to any of my other kids, they all handled cow's milk just fine.

I've also noticed he doesn't seem to like the taste of the milk anymore. He still wants to nurse, but is very fidgety, latches on and off, gets mad, etc. Even when I know he's getting milk.
Tristan ~ lost 2/6/03 @ 20 weeks