View Single Post
June 26th, 2009, 02:36 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to _Brandy_
Hey, sorry I didn't see this until now. I have had a lot of computer issues (hard drive failure).

I haven't had a lotus birth myself, nor known anyone IRL that has.

Waterbirth is much less likely to tear, and it is actually really simple and easy to clean up. After attending water and land births (where I cleaned up) I prefer water anyday! Also, as a mom, water is much better (for me).

There are some midwives that are still up for twin births, there are a few options, first, don't have an u/s, there is no need for one in a healthy pregnancy, so don't have one then "nobody knows" and nobody is breaking any laws.
or have your midwife "over for tea" and have the twins then.

As for UC, you aren't likely to find a doula willing to do it, not if they are working as a doula as it is outside of a doulas' scope. Now, that said, there are TBAs that are also trained as doulas that may help. But I would ask, if you feel that you need assistance, why would you choose a doula if she is only a doula? Not all doulas are educated further and if you feel the need for assistance then a doula may not be the right person.

I am not sure I am any help.

But, any questions you have I will try to answer. I have had two planned unassisted births, one at home with a midwife and 2 in hospital. I am also a doula (birth and postpartum), childbirth educator, breastfeeding educator and student midwife.