View Single Post
July 1st, 2009, 10:16 PM
Platinum Supermommy
First off, wow. I am so sorry you went through all that with your first birth experience! I didn't have a good first experience either and my 2nd was my HBAC baby. I also think that some of the things that happened to you were due to your doctors need to rush and catch her plane (what crap, honestly).

I think it's great to start doing research and gain knowledge before you're even pregnant on home birth! Great start Have you ever looked into watching The Business of Being Born? If not, I highly suggest it. I made my husband watch it before we were pregnant with our 2nd it helped open the door to him. Then I started searching for home birth midwives (I was also looking at CPMs but couldn't find one willing to take me as a VBAC patient) and when I found my midwife, we set up a consultation. My husband then proceeded to ask her every question under the sun and express every concern he had. She answered them with tons of info/knowledge and he walked out of there telling me to cancel further appointments with other doctors. That was it, he was sold.

I would go about finding a midwife, meet with her and find out if she thinks you're a good candidate. She'll more than likely want your birth records from your sons birth. So I would get those and have those ready to go. You should be able to get them by calling the hospital he was born at. In it, she'll be able to know exactly what was done to you, why and so on and so forth.

Also, check out books on Home Birth. Books about Homebirth

I think if you're truly interested in one, you're headed in the right direction as a start Welcome and I hope to hear more from you!

Killian Rivers born April 17th at 36 weeks

Killian's Birth Story