View Single Post
July 2nd, 2009, 12:50 PM
Platinum Supermommy
This question would have seemed insane to me a year ago LOL. I am from Cleveland, which is a good hour or two from the state border of PA.But now I live in Toledo, which is just a hop away from Michigan. I am still not used to looking for something and having a location in Michigan pop up. I'd only been to Michigan once before we moved here, and now it is a daily occurance So it feels weird.

Anyway, when I am looking for midwives and birthing centers in the area (I'm NOT going to a hospital, but I would consider a stand alone birthing center, which is really why I'm researching it before I'm even preggers- I'm a planning person down to every dotted I and crosed T) and I'm really only finding locations and providers from Michigan! Don't state laws vary on home births etc? Would I even be able to consider a midwife from Michigan or is it out because of some stupid government thing. The only birthing centers that come up are in Temperance, which is actually VERY close to us. I wouldn't mind looking into it, but don't want to think about it if I can't plan to have my baby in another state.

Also, is there somewhere that I can go to get information regarding my state's homebirthing laws? I've heard so many things from it's illegal to they'll take my kids to it's legal as long as *I* catch the baby... I think there is so much misinformation out there, I just want to read the laws for myself but nothing is turning up on the net for me. (I don't always follow the law, but I like to at least know if I'm breaking one!)

Click the blinkies!

Thank You, Pattyandthemoos, for my beautiful siggy!