View Single Post
July 6th, 2009, 10:53 PM
Do NOT feed the Troll
Well I just got home from the ER. UGH! Well turns out I was bleeding an unsafe amount. The nurses monitored my blood loss levels (they wanted to see each and every pad...gross ) and repeatedly had to check my blood pressure and heart rate. The ER doctor spoke with the on call OB/GYN and they decided two routes for me. First was give me a high dosage of birth control pills to stop/slow down the bleeding or a D&C. I was hesitant to do the birth control pills because of my breastfeeding. The doctors worked hard to find me something that was breastfeeding safe (but not before they tried to tell me to wean my son, ) So I got birth control pills and I have to take 2 pills twice daily for 2 days, then 2 pills once daily for 2 days, then 1 pill daily until the pack is gone. The doctor said that the bleeding should slow down by morning and if it doesn't I have to go back to the ER. The worst part is I have to wear a diaper! UGH! I am bleeding so much, that a pad/tampon can't handle it. So I'm wearing an adult diaper.

Huge thanks to *Kiliki* for the FANTABULOUS new siggy!!