8 months old-intellectual development
View Single Post
July 9th, 2009, 11:55 AM
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: South Africa
during the first 24 months, the intellectual development of a child gradually enables him to do the following;
* to integrate sensory information
* to form associations and expectations so that he/she can learn to make sense of the world.
* to develop object permanence.
* to learn how to think in an abstract way and how to make deductions.
* to develop concept of time.
PLAY HIDE AND SEEK GAMES AS OFTEN AS POSSIBLE to help your baby grasp the idea that an object doesnt cease to exist when it can no longer be see. hide his bottle or toy under a cloth. point out the bulge under the cloth and encourage him to remove the cloth
Thank you *Kiliki* for my beautiful siggy
Last edited by kerian; July 9th, 2009 at
View Public Profile
Find all posts by kerian