Topic: canker sores
View Single Post
July 16th, 2009, 09:35 PM
Proud Momma
I was asking the girls who were on chat tonight (not that I don't trust you girls who answered me), but I just want to see what others say about this and don't want to look it up on google or it'll upset me if I read something I don't want to read.

Ever since I was 13 and started my period, I have constantly gotten canker sores in my mouth about a week or 2 prior to getting my period. It was almost a way of telling me that my period was on its way (It's like how my best friend always gets nosebleeds a few days before her af shows). I remember a few years ago reading on the internet that many women do get canker sores before they get their period and I asked my Dr. many years ago and he said it is quite normal and it could be a hereditary thing as well, but usually there are no real answers, but they're nothing to worry about. I also remembering reading that many women don't get canker sores while they're pregnant and I re-read that last year when I was pregnant with Katrina because I noticed I wasn't getting any.

Well this month right before I tested and got my , I checked my mouth and couldn't feel any canker sores and along with the sore breasts and running to pee a lot, I was pretty convinced that I was pregnant - even before I tested.

Well...now I'm worrying myself silly because yesterday I noticed I have 2 canker sores in my mouth. I don't know what to think. I'm terrified that this is telling me that something could be wrong with sweet pea, but it's too early to check for the h/b and to get an u/s and to worry me even more, I haven't had any sign of morning sickness at all yet. I know canker sores are also a sign of stress as well, but I feel as if I haven't been stressing any more than usual lately.

Anyone know anything about this? Thanks for any and all your help!

Last edited by LaLaLa1; July 16th, 2009 at 09:37 PM.