Topic: about me
View Single Post
April 4th, 2005, 03:20 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to docsmomma
My name is Traci and I'm mom to David ("Doc") who will be 3 in May. I have sole custody though he does see his bio dad. He chose about a year ago to call my fiance daddy. We're getting married this month hopefully, and we are expecting a baby in november (his first, my second).

My son's bio dad is angry that my son chooses to call my fiance daddy and tells me that I should be preventing that, but fiance has been in the role of daddy since my son was 1 yr old, while bio dad didn't want anything to do with him until he was about 20 months, and even now rarely does the visitations (his mom does).

My son is also very adamant that my fiance is DADDY and is HIS DADDY. He gets mad if I call him DJ, or anything but daddy when we're talking about Doc to fiance.

I'm just looking to talk to someone who maybe understands how to deal with this situation, and now with a new baby on the way I'm concerned that my son's bio dad will tell Doc that we wanted a new baby because we don't love him as much (that's the way he thinks).