View Single Post
July 25th, 2009, 11:17 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by mayandsofiasmommy View Post
I do think there can be negativity toward bottle feeding moms (or even breast feeding moms, in areas of the country), and that needs to be done away with. You just don't know the situation of the person you may be judging. Maybe they are bottle feeding b/c of health issues, adoption, etc. You just don't know so don't judge.
More than anything I agree with this last statement. I had people inform me that breast was best when I pulled out a bottle to feed my then newborn. BTW.....the bottle had BM in it. My son never learned to latch. I spent HOURS with LCs, both at the hospital where I delivered and at the Pedi's office. Eh and I just couldn't figure it out. The stress of that plus dealing with a VERY traumatic birth (bugger didn't breathe, we were asked if we wanted them to keep fighting or to just hold him while he died) was just terrible. I did, however, pump for four months. He got only breastmilk for the first four months of his life. I am pretty darn proud of that.

So I agree with Heather, we shouldn't judge. Breastfeeding, bottle feeding, formula feeding....whatever. Being a mom is hard enough without other women bringing you down.

Lew, 1, DSD Lauren, 18, and Chuck, 4