View Single Post
July 28th, 2009, 10:48 PM
Modern Day Brady Bunch
Send a message via MSN to HippieLove
It was a warm day in September. I remember I was walking along the school oval as the bell had just rung when I started to feel really shaky and hot. The next thing I remember was being on the ground and my friends all surrounding me, I'd fainted. They all helped me to the nurses office where my mum was called. My auntie came up and took me to ER where I met my mum. They took some blood tests and we were asked to wait around. It wasn't until we were about to leave that mum confessed she'd requested a pregnancy test to be done without me knowing. At the time I remember feeling little panicky but not too worried. Then her cell rang and it was the doctor asking us to come back up as he had my results and wanted to discuss them... The walk back only took less then a minute but it felt like hours. Once we were inside he turned to me and said, "You know we took a pregnancy test yes? What result were you expecting?" I replied "Negative for sure". "It is a positive, you would be around 3-4 weeks". I remember feeling weird like happy and excited but scared. I was young younger then most teen mothers you see around. I'd been with my boyfriend, Chris for over a year and we were very much "in love" He was my first and only.

We left in silence and mum didn't look or speak to me the whole 30 minute ride home. When we got home I went straight to me room to call Chris. He didn't say anything he was just like oh okay I'll call you later.

Over the next few days everytime my mother looked at me she'd cry/ My step dad refused to look or speak to me and Chris was supportive but distant. I was so alone but I had my baby and I made a promise to her that I was going to be a wonderful mother and nothing and nobody was going to get in the way off that.
Eventually my step dad started speaking to me but only about the topic of termination. He offered me money, a car, shopping spree in the city in exchange that I aborted my child.

Of course I refused... Eventually mum convinced me just to go see a doctor and talk about abortion I was running out of options. I knew she couldn't force me to have one but the pressure was insane. I figured if I went she might loosen up a bit if I just went in. In the doctors office he questioned me about it and I bursted into tears. He said there was no way he was going to do an abortion unless I could come in and say to him confidently its what I wanted. After we left Mum did loosen up she started to accept that I was indeed keeping the baby. My pregnancy was really easy what they'd call a textbook pregnancy. When I was 41 weeks and 2 days I was induced and I had my beautiful daughter the next day at 6:37pm. She weighed in at 7lb 6oz and she was perfect. We lived with my mum for a little while before we got our own place.

*Okay I will come back edit and continue this soon*

Emma, girlfriend of Loz, future step-mama to J (15) and K (10), Mama to Jaelah (8), Oliver (5), Mianna (4) and Harper (2), WTTC our first together, in 2015.

Last edited by HippieLove; July 30th, 2009 at 08:42 PM.