View Single Post
July 31st, 2009, 08:22 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to SilverRose Send a message via Yahoo to SilverRose
When I was pregnant with my daughter, my water broke at 11 pm on tuesday. I went to the hospital got there after 12 am. They immediately put me on IV fluids and Pitocin. I did NOT want the pitocin. I had heard it made labor worse. It didn't really effect my contractions, but it sent the WORST shooting pain through my vaginal walls. I literally felt like someone was knifing me! Shar got stuck on my pelvic bone and the Dr. I did NOT want came in as an assist, because he knew of my preference not to have him deliver. He kept telling me if you don't deliver soon you're gonna have to have a c-section. By this point, I"m almost passing out. No food or water in almost 24 hours. I threw up twice during delivery. I wasn't in any frame of mind to agree or deny anything. They told me they needed to give me an episiotomy to try one more thing before I absolutely have to get a c-section. I agreed, I was willing to have anything besides a c-section. The resident who was using the forceps had no clue what she was doing. She was trying to pull the baby straight out!!!!! I heard Dr. Young (the dr. I didn't want.) tell her to pull down and then out. Over and Over. I'm laying there like "***!!" Finally Dr. Young took the forceps and pulled Shar out. I never felt such pain! I don't plan on having any more children and I definitely don't want to go through that again.

Thank you, Jaidynsmum for my beautiful signature.