View Single Post
August 18th, 2009, 05:58 PM
Platinum Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by inyourhonor View Post
Definitely yes, especially when I bled for a week straight when I was 35 weeks. That put me in the ER for a few hours and then on bedrest till the bleeding stopped. I got a lot of guff from the OB and nurses in the hospital. That made me question my ability.

There were parts of my delivery that I wanted her to break my water, I was pushing at that point. I am not one of those women who's water breaks and then goes into labor. I go into labor and my water breaks during pushing. So I wanted it broken and i wanted the drugs. However i only said these things to myself in my head. I didn't say it outloud.
Ditto that! And I definitely begged my midwife to break my water for me. With Julia's birth (a waterbirth at a birthing center with a midwife), my midwife broke my water at around 5 or 6 cm, it sent me right into transition and Julia was born about 40 minutes later, and I barely pushed. So when I hit transition with Kate... I was begging for my water to be broken, since I knew that when it was, she would be born quickly. Of course when my water broke she was born about 5 minutes later.

Check out Justmommies Blogs!

Are you interested in hosting a chat? Or maybe setting up a chat time for your board? Send me a PM for openings and more information!!