View Single Post
August 20th, 2009, 09:16 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Hello. I was recommended to come over here from the fertility charting board. my DH and I arent ready to TTC yet but I'd prefer to prevent things the natural way. We've been married for almost 7 months and havent used anything repetitively. Neither of us like condoms and so we've primarily just been using W/D. Anyways I am supposed to go to the dr soon and we both kind of agreed to do something more stable I guess you could say. I ran across NFP and I really liked the idea of doing things the natural way, not having to take a pill and put excess hormones into my body. Plus I am a religious person, and I believe that when it's God's time for us to have a baby no BCP will stop it, so I'd rather not have that in my body if his timing is sooner than ours... Anyways, I explained it a little to my DH yesterday and he seemed skeptical, he said if it works then sure. But then went on to suggest that I just get an IUD so I wont have to deal with hormones, taking a pill everyday, and wouldnt have the hassle of charting and temp taking... grr! I personally dont like them, I think it just takes the whole spontanaety out of having a baby, you have to PLAN strictly and if I were to get pg with and IUD I dont think it would end well... Anyways I'm just frustrated and wondering how I can explain this to where he would be open to it. IDK if he just doesnt have that much faith in me getting it right or if he just wants something more solid... Anyways just thought I'd introduce myself and any advice would be much appreciated.