View Single Post
August 20th, 2009, 12:07 PM
Platinum Supermommy
That's right! She is finally out! Exactly 2 weeks, that is 14 days, that is 336 hours, late! But right on time for us!

I went into labor in the early evening on Aug 18, progressed normally through the evening and left for the hospital around 1:30 am. Still everything is going great, I think I am all that and the bee's knees about the natural childbirth. Then somewhere between 4 and 5 am, I lost my ever loving mind. I truly believed that I could holler at the contractions and make them go away! I shouted at everyone in the room (my husband, my friend, and my 3 daughters) and not one of them would give me the medicine I had when I had my appendix out and cut the baby from my womb! I threatened to do it myself if someone, ANYONE, would get me a knife. I hollered at the doctor that she should be able to reach inside the cervix and pull the baby's head out. I told her it was her job! Then all of a sudden, in three pushes during one contraction at 7:15am, I pushed her all the way out. That part was pretty awesome.

She was 9 pounds, 15 ounces, 21 inches long, with a 14 3/4 head. Light brown hair that I think will end up more blonde, grey eyes, that I hope will go blue. We stayed at the hospital over night and came home a little while ago. It was a great experience, don't know if I will do it again. It really hurt. Then I felt great and even better today.

Thanks for all your comments and support over the last few days/weeks. It really does amaze me that I go this late every time.