Topic: Ovulation
View Single Post
August 23rd, 2009, 12:59 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by MommaTrish View Post

as of now I wouldn't know the signs if they hit me over the head with a sign saying "You're ovulating!" so any signs I should be looking for would be nice to know.
Are you interested in working with an instructor or taking a course that will explain all of it? That's really the easiest (and most effective) way to learn how to avoid pregnancy with charting. There are options for learning face to face (classes, private instruction), online courses, and home study courses. All pair you up with a teacher for personalized support, because each woman's fertility is unique to her. The teacher will help you learn the signs that indicate fertility for you, and the signs that indicate infertility for you.

All forms of NFP and FAM reccomend charting for the first 2-4 weeks of learning without any genital contact. This is so you can learn to observe your mucus properly without fluids related to sex to make it confusing. It also helps you establish a baseline to go from, to determine your Basic Infertile Pattern.

In a nutshell, if you have cervical mucus you are potentially fertile. Sperm can live in your body for up to 5 days when you have mucus waiting for ovulation to occur. Mucus is something you can feel or see or both. It takes a bit of practise to get the hang of observing it properly at first and learning what it all means, but then it's second nature - you hardly have to think about it any more.

Hope that helps! Don't hesitate to PM me if you want some help finding out what teaching services are available in your area.