View Single Post
August 25th, 2009, 03:42 PM
m.and.a
When reading the passage in Corinthians (the passage I quoted), Paul tells the church there that they haven't been tempted beyond that of the "common man". Based on this scripture, I don't think that we're attacked any more than anyone else. I'd love to read verses that represented a different view if anyone can think of some.

He needs to keep his toys right where they are, and continuing to beat them down, continuing to prove to them that there is no Hope (which is Jesus and eternal life) as a way to keep them there. Continuing to keep them addicted, continuing to make them selfish, continue to make them apathetic, greedy, lustful, is a hard job, and I think if you look into society, you'll see just the overwhelming influence Satan has on society, and convincing society that it's okay to show half naked people on magazine racks for the eye level of 5 year old boys and girls can start their worldly sexuality decades before their Biblical sexuality is supposed to begin. We make sex something that the average person can never live up too- and Satan wins on all levels, starting at all ages. We become anesthetized to sex, and we're surprised when little girls want to become mothers at 13.... Well that's a 'nothter soap box.

He's a busy guy- regardless of whether your saved or not. I don't think he makes much difference in who he lies to. Because a lie he tells to an unbeliever can have consequences for a believer- or even an entire body of unbelievers. I believe that as Christians, we have the protection of God in that he won't allow us to be tempted beyond what he knows we can't bear, and he is on our side- screaming "FIRE EXIT HERE". It's up to us, through study of the Word, prayer, and spiritual growth to learn to hear the voice of God. If we don't know Him, if we don't know His character, how do we learn to listen. Unbelievers, as far as I can see scripturally, don't have the exit sign, they don't have Angels in the Outfield so to speak. And they certainly wouldn't know where to begin to see the exit signs even if they did.

My church is different than most in that we have outreach to what we call "unchurched", those who have never believed, or never considered God/Jesus/Satan, so I think about these people a lot, and let me tell you- they have some pretty miserable lives. I definitely don't see that their lives get easier when they accept Christ, often just the opposite, and we make warnings that when you come out of the water, it's like painting a big target on your chest for Satan, because he wants you back. He does it by telling them the same lies- that they aren't worth it, that science is smarter than God, that it's okay to be consumers of religion instead of members of the Kingdom of God. Satan doesn't always represent himself in evil, but I also personally see a number of False Prophets in Christianity today- which we are warned against in the New Testament- the books of Jude, Titus, and the Timothy's come to mind. We are specifically warned in Revelation to not even believe an angel if he comes straight from heaven to give a new Gospel, but I think that's what we see happening in Christianity over the past few decades particularly, with churches who claim to be Christ's restored church. I don't believe His church has gone anywhere, and to even suggest such a thing means that Jesus' plan.. His Kingdom, as he planned it, failed until a mere man could come around and do it the right way. I don't buy it, but millions do, and are. It's proven by how fast these religions grow that Satan is very good at putting on a pair or robes too. So, he's hard at work there too.

Last edited by m.and.a; August 25th, 2009 at 07:36 PM.