Topic: Intro. =)
View Single Post
September 1st, 2009, 06:29 PM
IAmMomMomIAm
Hello ladies! This is my first time posting on this particular board, but I'm certainly not a stranger to JM. I decided to start posting here because I hope it will provide a bit more support for my birth control methods than my family supplies. DH is on board of course, but everyone else.... My inlaws are ridiculously nosey and absurd people, and whenever I mention having another baby they tell me I should be on birth control. Since they mention it often, then know that I'm taking any, and they don't approve.

Anyways!

My name is Kes, and I'm 24. My husband is Andy, he's 28, and we've been married three years in January. We have two children - Luke, who is just about to turn 2, and Lauren, who's 4.5 months.

I *think* I qualify under FAM rather than NFP. While most months we practice abstinence at the appropriate time, sometimes we just can't help ourselves. I used the same system between the two kids, and I plan to use it in the future.

Mostly I choose FAM because I know I won't take a pill every day (I was on the pill for six years for cramps etc and never managed to take it every day), and I weigh too much to use the patch. The shot scares me, and I won't get an IUD until I'm done having my children. I don't like the idea of shoving hormones into my system on a daily basis, nor the idea of screwing with my body's natural processes.

The church I belong to doesn't recommend specifically against artificial contraception, but against contraception at all, heh. Technically NFP is not endorsed unless it's for a health reason (i.e. if pregnancy is dangerous for whatever reason, including immediately after childbirth).

Last edited by IAmMomMomIAm; September 1st, 2009 at 07:05 PM.