View Single Post
September 2nd, 2009, 03:34 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by MamaJessie View Post
When did your kids start swimming? Did you used to swim competitively? Kelsey started swimming at age 3 (I think). She wasn't afraid of the water so I got her lessons for her own safety. She took to it right away. She has been swimming competitively year round since she was 5. She is a good swimmer, but she doesn't have the drive or determination to be better. High school swimming proved to be discouraging to her, since she wasn't as good as she thought she was. LOL Erin has been swimming since she was 5 also, but Erin has the drive and is determined to work hard and be the best. She is an excellent swimmer and wants to win. I think her sister gets jealous of that. Andrew just started swimming this summer at age 6. He has no interest in swimming year round so he will just swim in the summer. Shane can swim, and is a fish, but not ready for the swim team yet.

As for me, I did swim competitively. Although, I never learned to swim until I was 13!! I was never very good, but I always wished that I was. I also coached swimming in the summers during college.

What was your favorite subject in school? English has always been my best subject but Art was my favorite. I took like 4 art classes my senior year and ended up painting a mural at my high school that is still there today.

What was your favorite toy when you were growing up?
Hmmm. That's a toughie. I know we certainly had fun with our Atari!! As a young kid, I loved to play Barbies. We would play for hours!!!

Thanks to Jaidynsmum for my awesome siggy!!!