View Single Post
September 4th, 2009, 10:45 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I can see your points of view and completely respect them regarding her having the right to celebrate her pregnancy.

I guess my qualm on that one are these points;

I too was a teen mom. I got pregnant because other girls at my school were having babies and I was so envious of them and their babies that I just HAD to have one of my own. But when I had my son (who is now almost 16 and I would not trade for anything) it was not all fun and games I learned. I had a very hard time. I did not have the option of living with my parents. My ex husband and I got married cause we HAD to and it made for a very rough life.

Also, there are other teens girls in our family (including my own 14 yo daughter) who might look at it the same way I did and it scares me!

The handout request indeed was revolting IMO. I got what I could afford for all my babies, including said son, and yes, some sent gifts and hand-me-downs, but we did the majority of the buying for all our childrens needs. We never asked for a thing!

Mother to Chad 19, Alexa 18, Jeremiah 16, Madelyn 13, Korinne 6, Sky 3, and introducing baby Linden 1/17/12

Thanks for the beautiful siggy