View Single Post
September 6th, 2009, 11:13 PM
Platinum Supermommy
1. Shortest Labor? How short and which baby? 5 hours exactly- Boden (#4) but Tessa (#2) was only a few minutes longer
2. Longest Labor? How long and which baby? my 1st, she was well over 24 hours, not even sure exactly how long
3. Do you go natural or take the epi? natural, after laboring and pushing for 45 minutes with Mira (#1) the midwife convinced me to get an epi- it failed and I had residual back pain for years, all the rest have been totally natural
4. Which labor was your scariest? Mira again, she became wedged by her shoulders (she was posterior with her hand on her face and 9lbs 6oz), a nurse jumped up on me with her butt in my face and shoved downward while i pushed and the midwife pulled. Mira turned BLACK form lack of oxygen and when she finally shot out like a cannon ball my 1st words as a mom were "is she dead?"
5. What's your favorite labor story? My last labor was my favorite over all- no interventions, minimal time at the hospital laboring. My favorite story to tell is when people ask me about natural labor and I tell them that with my 2nd i stripped off all my clothes, was naked on all 4s howling like a beastie and the nurses were pressed against the wall looking terrified b/c my husband though he should tell them that I bit him during my 1st labor. My doc walked in, snapped her gloves and said "I see we went natural, let's get this kid out" ROFL