View Single Post
September 7th, 2009, 07:37 PM
I've done a lot of research on SSRI's when we were TTC. I was on Cymbalta before becoming pregnant last year, but stopped taking it as soon as I got my BFP. I ended up with a molar pregnancy and had to have a D&C at 14 weeks. I could not find any correlation between AD and molar pregnancies and even my OBGYN assured me it was nothing that I did or didn't do, it just happened. This time around I decided to stay off all AD but I just hit my third trimester and I haven't been doing well at all. I've actually become very aggressive and nasty and depressed crying with excessive worrying. I decided I couldn't take it anymore. My OB prescribed Celexa, which made me severly nauseated. I just switched to Zoloft and from everything I've read lately it seems to be the most popular drug of choice during pregnancy and breastfeeding. I'm also terrified of PPD, so together with my husband, my OBGYN, my therapist and my psychiatrist, we decided this is the best choice for me. You need to take care of yourself and your baby and you know what is best for you. When people try to tell you otherwise just smile and say thank you for the advice and change the subject. Everyone is different and no one knows exactly how you feel or what you are going through. Good luck to you and keep us posted!!! I have 11 more weeks till my DD, so I'll let you know how our baby was with the Zoloft!!!!