View Single Post
April 22nd, 2006, 08:42 AM
Regular
My step sone called me mama michelle until we got married then it went to michelle. since i had collin he won't even talk to me. My step daughter told us that since we had the collin thier mother told them they wouldn't be as important to us and and we wouldn't need them anymore He trust his mother so there you have it. I really miss him and miss how close we use to be and wanted him to be a part of collin's life. I think how your step kids see you has so much to do with how the birth mother acts torwards you.

As for being nice about putting the insuarnce under my name i have never considered it that way. We are a family and that's what familys do. I just wish she would understand that.

I am sure many are thinking wow did she break up their marriage? The answer is no they had been apart for many years and she was remarried to someone else before i ever came along. She just doesn't want her kids to love anyone else as a mother figure. I am sure i would feel thta way to but i would have to suck it up and not hurt the kids because I have seen to many cases of the step parents hating the step children and wouldn't wish it on anyone. And heck who wouldnt love our kids right

Anyway i hope your situation turns out better than mine and the birth mother does not do this to you oor her son. It really ends up hurting everyone.