View Single Post
September 14th, 2009, 10:35 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Hmmm to answer your 1st question about when AF usually returns~ it's all across the board. I have a friend who was EBF with both of her kids and got AF back at about 2-3 months PP. On the other hand, my son has been sleeping through the night since he was 5 weeks old, has been having solids since 4 months and at 8 months PP I still don't have AF back. There are a few supplements you can take while BFing that *sometimes* can encourage getting AF/your fertility back: Vitamin B6 and Vitex. I've been taking B6 for 3 months with no results and I haven't tried Vitex yet b/c I've heard it can sometimes affect your supply. I'm thinking of trying the Vitex soon b/c otherwise I'm probably going to end up weaning anyway. We really want another baby close in age to our son, and it seems unlikely that I'm going to be able to conceive as long as I'm nursing (or at least not as soon as I'd like)

About the libido, BFing can definitely affect it and I'm experiencing that as well. I've had times of increased libido, but still haven't ovulated.....so I'm not sure if that is a sign of ovulation or not.

Good luck!

My Ovulation Chart