View Single Post
September 15th, 2009, 05:31 PM
Veteran
Hi everyone, I'm not sure if this is the right forum for this question but it seemed more appropriate than the DDC or TTC boards. My dh and I recently found out we're expecting, and our health insurance doesn't cover maternity at all in our state. Now my problem is I don't know any bigger insurance's that will take me once I already *know* (from a doctor not just a home test) that I am pregnant, and my husband makes too much to get state aid. I have found a program (cannot for the life of me remember the name right now) that I can enroll in for about $700 covering the next 11 months that isn't an insurance, just a company that negotiates 50-60% (on average) discounts. I have my MIL telling me I should just be telling the state that my DH is no longer with me so that I can get state aid, but I am really against that. This program seems to be our only option but now my MIL has me worried about if we're going to be buried in debt anyway. So I was hoping to hear from some of you ladies about how much it ended up costing you throughout your pregnancy and birth. I know costs can differ greatly but as of now I don't even really have a ballpark idea in mind... this is our first child and I am just worrying extra now already about money lol. Thank you for your help and for your opinions.