View Single Post
September 22nd, 2009, 05:11 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to way2gomom Send a message via Yahoo to way2gomom Send a message via Skype™ to way2gomom
First of all, welcome to our board! I'm sorry that you are having this difficulty, but I'm glad that you found us. Now to your questions.

There are some medications that are safer than others to take while breastfeeding. I am on Prozac and breastfeeding. Check out this link for safe while breastfeeding info: kellymom.com :: Using Antidepressants in Breastfeeding Mothers. This is also on our resource thread which is stuck to the top of the board.

I'm on Prozac, and I started noticing a difference within the first week. Most people notice within 2 weeks. I noticed small differences - being better able to handle problems, less crying, etc.

I have not had any side effects.

I have been on them since for a year, although there were about 4 months when I went off. I just started them back up recently. You don't have to take them for the rest of your life most times. That's up to you and your doctor, though.

As far as I know, there aren't any that interfere with birth control, but you can ask your doctor and pharmacist that question.

One important thing, especially with the problems with treatment that you had after your first LO is to remember that there are other things than medication that can also help. It's important to have a good support network. For me, joining moms groups (La Leche League and another group in our town) helped tremendously. Exercising at least 30 minutes a day helps a lot too. Making sure you have a good diet is also helpful. If you do these things in addition to taking the medication, you are much more likely to see improvement - and quicker!

blog: justjoanna.com | twitter: way2gomom | facebook | pinterest: way2gomom