View Single Post
April 25th, 2006, 05:24 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Okay first of all this is warped because I don't even know why I care but seems like lately, and not just online, in my daily interactions with people, everyone thinks pregnant women are supposed to be super eaters or something....like "oooh I have to eat 2 whole turkeys and a bowl of mashed potatoes and this pint of ice cream so my baby will gain weight"....or at lunch a co worker (MAN) makes cracks about "ooooh she is pregnant (me) better make sure the vending machine is stocked" or " is that all you are having for lunch pregnant lady"

I am like are you KIDDING ME?? Do I have to stuff my freaking face every 2 minutes to satisfy some social abnormal idea that pregnant women have to eat eat eat eat eat

To me it is the silliest thing I have ever heard. Case in point. A good girlfriend of mine, she was 115 MAYBE when she got pregnant, she would eat like a mad woman, by the time she gave birth she was a little over 200 lbs and she did not have GS diabetes either, she just ate too much and passed it off as " I am eating for 2" That is what 80-85 lb weight gain for what? She had a 7 or 8 lb baby and take out the fluids and placenta etc etc and she still had pounds and pounds she gained and blamed on "needing" to help the baby gain weight....Like DUH your baby will gain all the weight it needs to with normal eating habits!!

Again I don't even know why in the world I care, it just bugs me that people expect me to eat like crazy when it is medically and logically not even necessary!

Babies take priority in our bodies, we take vitamins more for our own deficiency that the babies because they get the good stuff first, we get left overs....

Argh! Thanks for the vent....I had that bottled up. I just hate the wse cracks about how much I eat or how much I should eat I get from people...I don't even want to eat with the family on Mother's day, someone is bound to make a crack about whatever I put on my plate