View Single Post
September 29th, 2009, 07:38 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Name: Melissa

Grade and/or age of your children:
Rebecca 11/08 - she is working on Nursery for 3's from ABeka this year. She LOVES school time. She begs for it. She would spend 8 hours a day doing school if I had the time, I'm sure. She also gets into mischief ALL. DAY. LONG. This is why school is a good thing for her. It keeps her busy for a while. It even helps keep her brain busy enough that she doesn't get into as much trouble. She "helps" around the house all the time, and loves to play with Elias, read books, play with her kitchen, and play on the play set outside.
Elias 6/10 - he is starting to demand "school" too. He loves to color and read stories with me, and he loves music. If there is music he is in motion. Everyone who knows him has commented on it to me. He picks up the beat, whether it is obvious or not, and dances/sways to it. He'll be my musical (left handed) genius yet, LOL. This year he'll be doing some semblance of tot school, I suppose... which will be whatever I throw at him that day.

What do you hope to get out of this board? Help when I need it, support, ideas...

Do you have a style or curriculum you prefer? I'm rather eclectic, but somewhat lean toward a Charlotte Mason-ish line of thinking.

Does your local government regulate homeschooling in any way? Yup. We have to send in a NOI telling how we plan to teach Language Arts and Math. Everything else isn't their business. ;-)

Last edited by hiskid1324; August 30th, 2011 at 08:18 PM.