View Single Post
September 29th, 2009, 10:38 AM
Ephesians 4:29
Name: Chrystal

Grade and/or age of your children: Ben (12/1/05) is in 1st grade this year, Daniel (10/29/08) isn't HS yet

What do you hope to get out of this board? The same thing I get out of JM as a whole... to look at what everyone else uses to see why it does/doesn't work for them, and then draw from their experiences to make my own the best it can be.

Do you have a style or curriculum you prefer? I don't know just yet. Everything has evolved SO much in the past 4-5 mos since we decided to officially start HS'ing. I lean toward classical education, but I don't know enough about it yet to fully implement it at home. I definitely know we'll use a Latin foundation, but we're not starting that until next year (SSL). I also know that, for now, I like Abeka for math and R&S for language arts. We're finishing up all the ETC books this year and have loved them as well. I'll use them again for Daniel. I plan to use Apologia K-12 for science.

Does your local government regulate homeschooling in any way? Nope! Gotta love Texas!

Anything else? Excited to be co-hosting here. If I don't know an answer, I'll do my best to help you find it. I want everyone to feel welcome here regardless of parenting style, religion, or anything else that tends to divide groups.

Last edited by BensMom; September 29th, 2009 at 10:40 AM.