View Single Post
October 6th, 2009, 06:42 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I was induced with my first and don't have anything to compare it to yet, but it wasn't too bad.

I was induced at 40w4d with Cervidil and was 3 cm (don't remember effacement or station). Cervidil was started at 8 am and I had to lay down for an hour so they could monitor me. I had very very mild contractions until 10 am when they broke my water. For me, that was super painful. Before the Dr. even fully withdrew the hook I was having painful contractions. They did slow down a bit and I didn't get my epidural until close to 2 pm. It took a while to progress, so they did start pit around 4pm. At 4:30pm I started pushing and pushed for almost 2.5 hours. No fun! My DD was born at 6:47 pm with the help of the vaccum. If she hadn't arrived by 7pm my Dr. said he would go for a c-section.

This time I am hoping to go into labor on my own- I guess just so I can compare the difference in the two labors. With my DD I had a lot of issues that may or may not have been related to the induction, so I want to see if I can avoid them this time by not getting induced.

Not sure if that helps or not