View Single Post
October 7th, 2009, 01:21 PM
Snowpeas
Just stopping in really quick.

I was induced and I had an absolutely awesome experience!! Pain wasn't bad. I did get the epidural but that's because the guy that did it could do it right then - otherwise it would have been a really long wait and I didn't know how strong the contractions would get. Even after they broke my water (which was awhile before the epidural) the pain wasn't bad. They said the contractions were registering at 75% and although they hurt and were uncomfortable they were definitely tolerable.

The induction was very smooth - and for me very fast. I had a 22 1/2 hour labor with dd (not induced) and this time around was 4 hours from start to finish.

I got there at 3cm dilated and 80% effaced and after three hours of pitocin was only 4-5 cm. I figured I had a LONG day ahead of me. Then I started to feel a lot of pressure and she checked me an hour after being 4-5 cm I only had a lip of cervix left & was 9.5 cm. 5 minutes later he was born.

The worst pain of the whole thing honestly? When they took the tape off my back for my epidural! That really hurt. lol

It was an awesome experience and I would do it again.

Let me know if you have any other questions!