View Single Post
October 7th, 2009, 06:16 PM
Thanks ladies. I do understand that it takes effort. I guess I'm just trying to figure out whether or not it is worth the effort for me at the moment. I think for me that I had really just felt more of a severe disconnect around the time my father died and my son was born. When I was first pregnant, my father had a second heart attack - I miscarried. My father had to have a LVAD (left ventricular assist device that essentially pumped the heart) put in. About 6 months later, I was pregnant again - my father had a stroke. A few days later, I was still pregnant, my father passed away. Fast forward a few months later - my son is born (after being discharged from the hospital, at home, alone with only the dog...long story). All seems to be ok - then we found out he has Trisomy 21. Which is not anything that we can't deal with, but in a sense we were dealing with the loss of all the unrealistic potentials. Its hard to go from dreaming of all the different opportunities your children have, to simply dreaming for your child to be mainstreamed.

The other synagogue is over an hour and a half away. But it may be a good idea to just start to go to random services. The other synagogue is only half hour away, perhaps Friday night services may be a good way to start. Are there any books that you would suggest to get a better understanding? Thanks again for all your suggestions.