View Single Post
October 11th, 2009, 12:51 PM
Super Mommy
Hi everyone,

Sorry it has taken me so long to get on here and update. Our recovery week was as eventful as our time in the hospital. My milk has not come in and they are having me supplement with formula. I have been meeting with postpartum lactation consultants all week. It was a good thing though, because they found out he had a tied tongue. So I took him in to get that cut. We had to see the pediatrician because he lost so much weight, more than 10% weight loss in the hospital. He also had jaundice, so we have been back and forth to the outpatient lab.

It is finally starting to calm down. No matter what is thrown at us...when he smiles he it is all worth it in the end. We love him and I wouldn't change a thing, cause he is healthy.

Basically, I went into my 38 week appointment and my blood pressure was 190/88 with urine spillage. I knew something was wrong when the on call midwife came in and not my scheduled midwife. I will post my birth story in the next couple of days, but it isn't very cute and cuddly. I don't want to scare anyone that is still pregnant.

Man, I was only gone two weeks and lots of babies have been born. Good luck to all of you that are still waiting. Just remember to be patient cause it will be worth it when it is your LO's and your body's time to come. When it is the doctor's time it can get out of hand.

Ezra Ray 7lb. 7oz. born at 4:20