Topic: NFP and DTD
View Single Post
October 17th, 2009, 10:23 PM
feministwriter
WARNING: This thread discusses marital relations and female sexuality. I know that this is supposed to be a PG site, so I hope I'm not out of line with this post. Mods, feel free to move this to a private folder if you feel it's inappropriate.

-----------------

This is my first month charting, so DH and I have had to abstain from DTD the entire time to get the right mucus readings. I'm on my 4th dry day after my period right now, and I'm finding that knowing when I'm fertile definitely enhances my senses. I've been on BCP for the last 5 years, so the natural hormones and emotional roller coaster are a huge awakening for me (in a good way).

I never understood the whole "bouncing off the walls" thing if you don't have sex often enough, but today I totally get it. I'm expecting my mucus to start in a day or two and my libido has been insane! I guess that knowing when I'm fertile takes away that feeling of shame. I mean, now that I know that by body is biologically ready for sex at certain times of the month, it alleviates my worries that I'm a "bad girl" when I want to DTD.

I have a degree in Women's Studies, so I've spent my entire life telling myself that being sexual (especially with your husband!) isn't bad. But there's still those societal messages ingrained in me, the ones that say that even if I don't think I'm bad, I know everyone else does. I don't know, it's hard to explain. Maybe this isn't making sense.

Anyways, the last time I felt like this was when I was a teenager and hadn't gone on BCP yet. I'm just wondering if you all feel the same urges and think that they're heightened when you go off hormonal contraceptives.