View Single Post
October 27th, 2009, 08:55 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I am finally getting around to posting this, relief for PUPPS rash in pregnancy. Dandelion Root Capsules worked great for me. I came down with the rash around 33.5 weeks into my pregnancy and was miserable. I was up half the night scratching, sometimes til I bled. I did some online research to find a solution. My midwife was out of the country when I had my appt that week and the OB I saw said they could give me Benedryl and to use cortisone, but neither really worked. So, I found the Dandelion Root recommendation. I am taking 3 capsules, 3 times a day. I also added Flax Seed Oil twice a day. I started feeling the itching subside on days 4 and 5 and it was pretty much gone by day 7. The rash was still visible for another week, then most of the bumps were gone. I am definitely not the type to normally try natural remedies, but I am SO glad I tried this one!

Most Dr's will say that the only cure for PUPPS is delivery and some will even suggest inducing early to give the Mom relief, which seems crazy to me! So, please pass on to anyone you know suffering with this rash!