Topic: Wont Eat!
View Single Post
April 11th, 2005, 12:20 PM
Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally posted by Mom2Blaze*Landon@Mar 1 2005, 02:52 PM
Thanks for the advice. I will try that. I usually wont let him have anything else until he eats whatever his meal consited of. But then sometimes he wont eat at all and so I give him something he likes. I just worry that he is not getting enough nutrients.
<div align="right"><{POST_SNAPBACK}>
[/quote]
I had a friend who's child had always seemed to simply dislike food in general and only ate because he had to and still barely ate. Parents took him to doctors for years and they never discovered anything till the husband was researching on-line one day and was reading about how food allergies can effect a child's appetite. He ended up discovering his child had been allergy to numerous different foods (wheat, some dairy and a few other things) the whole time! After about 7 years of his allergies being unintentionally ignored their son had just grown to not like food opposed to just not liking the foods he was allergic to. Once they realized his issue was food allergies they started feeding him the appropriate foods and he gained healthy weight from there on it and actually liked foods! Though due to so much time going by of him not eating how he should had been his growth was stunted and his baby brother who was born a year prior to them discovering he had food allergies was already as big as he was at 7!
So, a child not seeming interested in food maybe more then that...It maybe food allergies.