View Single Post
November 4th, 2009, 08:27 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I was due this time last year and had a hard time feeling connected as well. It was my 2nd baby and I had gone the whole hospital route the 1st time with a c-section outcome I did not want.

So I feel some way my bitterness made it hard for me to connect. I was due the 21st of November and he was born the 28th of November. I saw people going in for scheduled inductions and c-sections, I just didn't get it.

I had 2 scans during my pregnancy, we did do the anatomy and then I had a 2nd scan when I was 35 weeks and started bleeding bright red blood. I went to the L&D per my midwifes request after she looked at me to just make sure nothing was happening that was severe. We weren't sure if it was my placenta detaching or something. So I had another scan and Dane was fine and my placenta was still attached. I had to have cervical checks during that visit. Other than that, my midwife was hands off.

There were I believe 2 other moms planning home births along with me. 1 unfortunately didn't get hers.

I did at times feel like I was crazy because of planning a HB but that was also because I was planning an HBAC. My PR is a great group of ladies but it still felt a little out of the loop based on our birthing choices which also lead to what tests we were and weren't going to do. I think I was the only one in our DDC who didn't do the sugar drink.

Killian Rivers born April 17th at 36 weeks

Killian's Birth Story