View Single Post
November 4th, 2009, 11:36 AM
Just call me Bam.
Send a message via AIM to Nyzira
Regarding the Vit. C: I've used it. You take 6-10 GRAMS (6000mg-10,000mg) a day for 5 days. Don't take it all at once but rather 1000mg ever couple of hours. The problem with this is that it can cause diarrhea, nausea, bloating/gas and in severe cases, kidney stones and vitamin b deficiencies. If you choose to take this, then make sure you DO NOT take the vitamin c with rosehips or anything else in it. They often add bioflavinoids to the supplements that counteract what you are trying to achieve.

I've also used parsley tea. Just put 1-2 teaspoons in a cup of hot water and steep for 20 minutes. Strain the tea (I use teaballs) and drink. Usually 2-4 cups a day is good enough. If you really want to go all out, you can make a parsley pessary (vaginal suppository) by binding together 3 or 4 fresh parsley sprigs wrapped in a layer of cheese cloth then sliding it up as close to your cervix as you can. It acts to soften the cervix and help trigger menstruation. Change the pessary every 12 hours until menstruation is achieved. This should not be used by anyone with a history of kidney stones.

I also use ginger regularly for many reasons. Fresh ginger is better than the store bought tea as, once again, they often add bioflavinoids like rosehip. Fresh ginger root an be bought in the produce section of most grocery stores. Just cut a few slices (it really doesn't take more than 2 or 3) and boil for 20 minutes. Let it cool then drink. Again, 2-3 cups a day should suffice. If you have a history of gallstones, you should probably avoid this.

You can also try yarrow (found in most herb/new age shops). Make it in the same way as parsley tea. 3-4 cups in one day should do the trick.

And of course, as with all of these, you want to make ABSOLUTELY sure that you are not pregnant otherwise you WILL shed your embryo. I've used all of these as forms of birth control before I decided to get pregnant. (Aside from the yarrow.)

Last edited by Nyzira; November 4th, 2009 at 02:36 PM. Reason: Spelling.