View Single Post
November 7th, 2009, 05:30 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to niknok
Hi ladies! My name is Nikki, DH is Eric, DS is Drake (10 months), and we are expecting another son in April. My last birth was all natural, in a hospital with a CNM. It was a fabulous experience. We have since moved, and the hospitals and OB's here really suck.
REALLY suck. I've always been scared of a homebirth, but in this situation I think I'm more scared of a hospital birth. There is only one midwife around here, she's a CPM that only does homebirths. I have her info, and I'm in the process of filling out all the papers to send back to her. We haven't met her yet.
Two questions about her though: First, how do I find out info about her, other than references she gives me? Second, she does not have any professional liability insurance. Is this normal? I assumed it would be required. She is registered with our state's Dept of Health Control, so she couldn't get any more "official".
I really want to meet her and just love her to pieces, b/c I won't go forward with a homebirth unless I'm really comfortable with her. Thanks ladies for the help and support!

Come visit my blog!