View Single Post
November 7th, 2009, 05:57 PM
Mega Super Mommy
First welcome! Another from the Natural Childbirth forum..yay!!!

Is there anything on the internet about her? My midwives have a website with all of their info on it. Definitely research her references when she gives them to you and see if you can find online info...

As far as the liability insurance goes..I am not sure about that. I don't think it's required. Honestly I don't even know if my midwives carry it! Is that bad of me or what!?

When I moved to my city I found out if I wanted a water birth it had to be at home. This really upset because I was scared of homebirth..all the what ifs ya know? I found my midwife online and gave her a call with all of my hesitations. Quite honestly she wasn't rude, but you could tell she wanted to talk with me seriously when I quit being so wishy washy. She recommended I watch The Business of Being Born and call her back if I was interested. So..I watched it and called her back. I went in for a well woman visit first and asked lots of questions. I didn't get a warm fuzzy feeling from her at all, BUT I decided she would be the one to deliver my baby when I got pregnant because I could tell she was very competant. I got pregnant 2 months later and started care with her...I didn't warm up to her until I was in my 3rd trimester if you can believe it. I love her and her partner now and I can honestly say I would not have had anyone else at my birth. Some complications arose and she knew exactly what to do and how to handle it. She asked me at my last appt if she was bossy...LOL I told her maybe a little but it's because she cares and wants to get the job done well. SO...I guess what I'm saying is when you meet this midwife even if you don't love her to pieces straight away go on the competance factor. Does that make sense? Sorry if I am rambling just wanted to share..and sorry I couldnt be more helpful!