View Single Post
November 8th, 2009, 04:34 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to niknok
We are in SC now, Florence to be precise. There are no doulas at all. Well, I take that back. There is one, who works FOR the hospital, M-F, for minimum wage. So I can't ask them for a referral. I posted on mothering, so hopefully someone will pipe up there with info. If I was still in Charlotte, none of this would be an issue. My hospital birth was awesome there, with an amazing midwife and nurse. I would be more than happy to do that again. And, as if that choice isn't awesome enough, a birth center just opened there! We picked a horrible time to move!

So anyways, we aren't there anymore and this is the situation we have. I feel better already about her not having insurance. I hope to meet her this week and discuss things is further detail. I have OBs here, and will probably just keep up concurrent care. I'm not even sure about that though.

I'm very excited yet scared about a home birth. I'm a CRNA (certified registered nurse anesthetist) at a local hospital here, so yes, I'm one of those anesthesia peeps that comes and puts in epidurals. Yet in my personal life, I'm a huge birth activist and believer in NCB. But to make a long story short, I've seen crap turn badly really fast, and so that's why I'm more nervous than what I consider normal. But my history with my first birth was great, and I'm optimistic this one will be great too. We are only 10 minutes from the hospital in case we have to transfer.

That's enough about me. I'm excited to be here. I appreciate all the info. It will help make the decision easier. Right now, we are about 80% likely to go for a home birth. I hope to be up to 100% after meeting the midwife.

Come visit my blog!