View Single Post
November 10th, 2009, 02:54 PM
Cheryl~ birth truster
I had a hospital birth with my daughter but I did have to take a break for the last few months in my DDC. I was sure I wanted a NCB but I still had some conventional thinking, like bummed when I didn't get checked at my 37 week appointment. It's easy to get caught up in that kind of hype when you hang out on message boards.

After our babies were born all of that went away, and we really love each other. We all spend less time there now that our babies are toddlers, but we all get along pretty great. I have to say that many see things about birth a little differently too.

I did join my new DDC but so far according to the poll taken, 6 ladies are planning for a NCB in a hospital, many who have done it before. 3 want a homebirth, one unassisted! One lady who has 6 kids and did it naturally said she is getting the epi this time. Anyway, we will see how it goes. It can get really tense at the end and I do know they will moderate anything that gets posted about the dangers of induction or elective sections because it might upset the women that have "no choice". It can be pretty frustrating for sure.

being the host of the NCB board, it does sometimes feel like we are the black sheep of the JM family or something. I do wonder why I didn't join the mothering boards. I guess I didn't know about Mothering until after I was settled in here. I used to check out diaperswappers a lot too, it's funny being in an atmosphere where I feel less crunchy instead of more crunchy than the other people!

Hopefully after your DDC becomes a playroom you will feel more comfortable there again.