View Single Post
November 11th, 2009, 09:27 PM
Sarah =)
I can offer you words of advice from another point of view- I come from a family with us kids being spaced far apart.

My brother is 7 years older than me- my mother had tried from the time he was two but she just couldn't seem to get pregnant. It wasn't until she finally gave up that she got pregnant with me. My brother took it very well and was a big help to my mom while my dad was at work.

My mom also tried to have another baby when I was 2 and had two miscarriages. When I was 5 my mom had my sister. I didn't take it the best way, I thought I was the princess and didn't want any new baby coming into the house. However, I was won over with the baby shower when I got presents and by the time my sister was born I called her my baby. My brother was 12 when she was born, and he was just happy that my parents were happy. Plus he was a huge help when my mom was pregnant, not only with helping around the house but helping with me as well.

Looking back at it now, it was nice to be spaced the way we were, I had a chance to be the baby for a while and I couldn't picture life without my younger sister.

A family is perfect when there is love.

I hope this helped!