View Single Post
November 12th, 2009, 12:45 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Ok I am going for a vba3c, and I went to my Ob yesterday, I have been sitting here just thinking about something.
At the end of the appointment, she had this odd kind of worried look on her face. She asked me if I had any more questions. (I haven't told her about the hb m/w yet. I did tell me GP he thought it was a great idea) So I told her that I am Vbacing and she got all upset, telling me that they wouldn't be able to use the pitocin. Like I wanted that crap anyway that's how I got in this position in the first place!. So I told her that I didn't want any drugs at all no pit no epi NOTHING! She wants to make sure that I know the risks of vbac, I said yes I do could you tell me the risks for a ercs??? She looked rather dumb founded that somebody asked her that LOL! Before she could answer I started spitting out all of the risks to me and to my baby.
So then she says that we will see how the baby is positioned and if I am progressing at around 37 weeks. Now forgive me if I am wrong but, I don't think that not dilating or having a breech baby at 37 weeks means a whole lot? Happy that I got some reaction besides just a no, I never really thought about it until I was on the long drive home with a broken radio and quite sleeping kids in the back.
I just got lip service! I have heard this so many times from other VBAC hopeful moms. Promised a VBAC and at the end when so late they can't find another doc to take their case and denied at the last minute.
Well I have news for her I already have plans and options, and even if she tries it with me I am not delivering in a hospital! I will on the other hand continue to see her for the next few months because of previous cervical issues. I won't be the one caught unaware though!