View Single Post
November 13th, 2009, 03:59 PM
Zane & Jude's mama
I saw my RE until 6 weeks. Had one u/s done to make sure it was a viable pregnancy and I had my betas checked as well (RE procedure since used fertility meds, etc)

I didn't see any OB or MW between 6 weeks and 14 weeks when I had my first appt with the MW (we were traveling and moving during the time) I had my initial bloodwork done- what blood type, blood count, etc and my levels because they couldn't hear the heartbeat on the doppler so we were just a bit worried. The lab didn't pick up the bloodwork so I had to go back the next day but thankfully we heard the heartbeat so not necessary. I had my blood checked many times during my pregnancy for anemia and antibodies since I was Rh- and DH was Rh+.

I only had 2 u/s done during their care. Once at 21 weeks when I lost my mucus plug to check the length of my cervix to make sure it wasn't incompentent and that I didn't need a cerclage and once again at 41 weeks to make sure fluid level was good and baby was doing well so I could continue on with being pregnant and my homebirth being past due.